[ale] KVM vs Virtual Box vs VMWare who is the real heir to Virtualization

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:37:37 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Narahari 'n' Savitha
<savithari at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Folks:
>
> Please provide a one line write up on each of this and why each is better or
> worse (not oss, simply sucks etc., so I can understand what to choose).
>
> -Narahari

KVM -- Nice, Simple and Easy to use. You get better speed if you use
raw devices than virtual harddrive, can run VMWARE and VirtualBox Hard
drives. Good for setting up a virtual server. Comes with any linux
2.6.20 or higher. Most Distro have a nice client to set up servers.
VirtualBox -- Great for people how are use to VMWare Workstation,
VirtualPC, or Parallels. Can do headless if you want want to do a
server, but takes a bit to set up. Free for OSE and there is a paid
very.
VMWare -- Price if you want support. ESXi is very nice for servers and
is free. Workstation cost. VMWare player is free, not sure if it been
update.

openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.