[ale] Clientless VPN

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Aug 26 18:22:12 EDT 2010

As I dive into OpenVPN naturally I am doing a bit of goolging on the
subject.  The pros of cons of tun vs tap, tcp vs udp, etc.  i found this
article.

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/48330

I've heard of 'Clientless VPNs' but am befuddled as to how they actually
work or are implemented in the client.  For example, on Windows you must
first install the TAP-Win32 driver so that OpenVPN can work.  This
article mentions the ability to go to any location (cafe) get on their
computer and open up a VPN.  Can anyone that uses this mess give me some
insight on the internals and how it works on the client?

Chris