[ale] ALE ale outing : attempts at socializing generally unsociable people

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Aug 25 08:27:05 EDT 2010

You live in Towne Center Mall?

-----Original Message-----
From: ale-bounces at ale.org [mailto:ale-bounces at ale.org] On Behalf Of
Geoffrey
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 5:18 PM
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - Yes! We run Linux!
Subject: Re: [ale] ALE ale outing : attempts at socializing generally
unsociable people

Jim Kinney wrote:
> Fall is approaching (yay!) and we've missed the mark for a summer ALE
> social get-together. Should we try for a fall geek, food, beer, tech
> fest? Show off your tech or cooking or brewing (or drinking) skills?
>
> Outdoors is nice but variable weather wise. Public parks are really
nice
> but no beer. Private houses are nice but crowded. Rentable spaces are
> nice but we're just not that organized (and probably never will be :-)
>
> Ideas? Comments?

Actually, I can rent the clubhouse in our neighborhood for a pretty
reasonable penny. Has wifi as well.  Grills on the outside and a deck.
If folks are interested, I'll look into it.

The upside for me, is, well, close to me.  Others may not like the
location.  Look at a map where i575 and i75 meet?  I'm sitting right in
the Y.

> James P. Kinney III
> I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in
chains.

Until later, Geoffrey

the pretense of taking care of them."
- Thomas Jefferson