[ale] MS-SQL as slave/backup to MySQL

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 23 22:49:31 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 22:19 -0400, Richard Bronosky wrote:
> If you s/can backup/can have a backup/ to your request below... and
> add in a few other restrictions about how the data is kept up to
> date... you could pull it off. I've done it.

I think the issue is that they have a system that uses MySQL as the
database.

They have DBAs that only know MS SQL.  If he can replicate between the
two then the DBAs can backup the slave (MS SQL) and use their Crystal
Reports against the data.  The will _NOT_ be able to do update, insert,
delete, or alter on any rows in the MS SQL database.