[ale] Android Tablets

Geoffrey lists at serioustechnology.com
Mon Aug 23 09:16:04 EDT 2010

Jerald Sheets wrote:
> I know they do on my Ford.  I have a specified interface into the
> systems on-board, and they tell me that I void my warranty if I try
> and interface other than the specified way.  Further, I have to bring
> my car in to the dealer (ONLY...no other repair shops) to fix it and
> since I voided my warranty I then have to pay full price for the
> service for them to re-flash my on-board computer.

This approach started years ago.  My 1999 Mazda pickup has an engine
check light that comes on at preset mileage points.  Mazda will not tell
you how to turn the light off without bringing the vehicle in and paying
them to do so.

I've since found that 3rd party vehicle repair companies have the
ability to do the same, but, they still charge you for the service.
It's likely I could find an independent who would do this, but I'm
simply not interested in spending the calories.