[ale] eBook readers for PDF reference material

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Fri Aug 20 19:51:16 EDT 2010

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 15:00:39 -0400
James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

> As I mentioned in the other thread, my only experience with the
> traditional eBook readers are the Sony ones on display at Best Buy. I
> found the page turning to be way too slow for regular reading. When
> I'm reading a book, I want to turn the page quickly enough that my
> reading is not interrupted. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad on a reference
> manual, but I doubt it.

I think I've developed the habit of hitting the page turn button while
I am somewhere in the middle of the last sentence on a page.  I don't
think it is a terribly concious thing I do, so I can't really say when
I actually hit that button.  I only know that I've stopped noticing the
page turn speed :)

Pat