[ale] Android Tablets

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Fri Aug 20 11:11:42 EDT 2010

I may be wrong but I believe that years ago, manufacturers were
forbidden to void warranties if repair/maintenance work was done by an
independent shop.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Your-Warranty-Will-Not-Be-Voided-With-Service-From-an-Independent-Shop&id=4396800

As much as I 'dislike' Apple's approach to their customers - ("Quit
holding it that way") - my son runs Garage Band on a Hackintosh (all
software purchased). We tried to get Ubuntu Studio up and running but it
exhausted his patience. We may go back to Studio but, in the meantime,
he's made some pretty cool music. But the rest of the house is Fedora,
Ubuntu and whatever else I'm playing with at the moment.

I'll step aside and let the pyrotechnics continue.

wf