[ale] Grub Boot Menu Splash Image in Ubuntu 10.04 Question

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 19 15:58:32 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 15:54 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Cool! Still poking along with grub 1.5 ....

Well, you should take a look at something running GRUB 2.  It really is
quite nifty.  I'm going to try to actually show off GRUB 2, though I
need to see if I can find my external laptop fan.  Turns out that
running *anything* without intelligent CPU management (e.g., anything
and everything before the Linux kernel is loaded) will cause the
laptop's CPU to run at full and get really hot.  I knew it was an issue
running DOS and memtest86+, but I didn't really think that I'd have that
problem in GRUB for whatever reason.

	--- Mike