[ale] looking for a good C++ book for an experienced C programmer.

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Aug 19 12:36:10 EDT 2010

Qt Creator has some things going for it.  First,  Geoffrey can write
programs that run under Linux and Win32.  I'm not sure about OSX.
Second, some libraries and files can be wrapped up into the executable
as a file.

The portability of code written using that IDE is something that I'm
interested in.

I'm sure that if he did write in GTK+ and loaded GTK+ in the Windows
machine it would work.  He would just need to compile the Win32 code in
a windows development environment.

I've not done much with QT Creator outside of loading it on my
workstation but I am a user of some apps that were created with it.