[ale] young linuxer becomes an old fart.. sort of

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 09:38:47 EDT 2010

Please ignore the off gassing of the ALE really old farts. And don't stand
downwind of them.

EVER!

As I approach 50 and look back on thirty, I realize now that real adult life
begins about that time. My wife will be happy when I finally grow up. I'm
figuring 80 is a good age to grow up. :-)

Pick a distro and post some issues so everyone can rag you about how you
picked the wrong distro !  You need something with the slow updates like
Debian, the user-friendly but brokenness of Ubuntu and Fedora, the slow,
stability and ancient desktop like RedHat, the package management of
Slackware and the build times of Gentoo, all wrapped up in a Windows only
installer! BWAHAHAHAHA!

And Scott, Jeff, Jerald and Pete used to do binary math scratching in the
dirt with dull stick because _pointed_ sticks hadn't been invented yet!

Actually, I think they were just telling dirty jokes and since it was
pre-writing times the stick was there just for show.

:-)

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:58 AM, Joshua <jrtroberts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey everyone.
>
> I know that I am new to ALE and new to Linux, but I am not new to the
> world.  Well not new by my standards.
>
> On Friday August 20, 2010  I become 30 years old.  My girlfriend, who is
> a bit younger, considers me an old fart, so I would continue the joke here.
>
> Hope you all are having a good one and I will try to as well.
>
> TTFN
>
> Joshua.
>

> P.S.  Old fart my ass, my life is just getting started.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.