[ale] Losing Ubuntu

wolf at wolfhalton.info wolf at wolfhalton.info
Fri Aug 13 14:46:06 EDT 2010

> >> Ubuntu is to Debian as RHEL is to Fedora (except RHEL works)
Ubuntu is to Debian as Fedora is to RHEL.. sort of.
Except Ubuntu is not an experimental release to test stuff out for
Debian
as Fedora is to RHEL.
---------------------------------
People tend to get to like what they want to use.  Or maybe it is people
are more comfortable with distros of which they can predict behaviour.
I disliked S.U.S.E. when all I was running was old hardware, and the
S.U.S.E. version I had only came on a DVD when I didn't have a DVD
drive.
I may like it more, now that I have some newer hardware to play with.
The first Fedora I messed with was the very buggy Fedora Core 4.  Fedora
doesn't version-upgrade well over the Internet,  so Ubuntu has been my
first choice for about 5 years.

-Wolf

PS, Good luck with Debian, it should be fun!