[ale] Losing Ubuntu

Damon L. Chesser damon at damtek.com
Fri Aug 13 13:33:13 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-13 at 11:16 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> let the flame war begin!

My only beef with RHEL and Fedora (Fedora has finally impressed me with
release 13, btw, and I am running that here now as a desktop) is the
package management.  RPM tools like pup, yulp, yum, yumex always seem so
limiting to me compared to apt-get, synaptic, aptitude (as is aptitude
install foo, no the application you get if you just type "aptitude"
which I have never figured out).  When it comes to total application
ready to install you can't beat the 16K + programs that await only your
command to install (of course only a small portion of those will YOU
ever use and Fedora normally has those with the noticeable exception of
wicd).