[ale] Losing Ubuntu

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 13:29:14 EDT 2010

All of your points are accurate, except you left out one thing. When
testing goes into freeze, sid sort of gets stuck too. The testing
freeze can be a very trying time for bleeding edgers.

After using Debian for many years on both servers and desktops I have
come to the point where I will only use the stable branch. Which means
I only run Debian on a server. Machines where I want the latest and
greatest get Arch Linux instead.

So, to the original poster, I commend you for shunning the Ubuntu (I
don't like it). But instead of going to Debian, you might want to look
at Arch. Arch is very much like Debian, just newer.

--
James Sumners
http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/

CH:D 59