[ale] custom LIve CD

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Aug 11 10:08:09 EDT 2010

I've written some simple scripts that allow me to modify and reauthor an
Ubuntu CD.

http://www.k4fh.com/custom.tar.bz2

1) download 10.04 CD
2) mkdir cd
3) copy -va /media/cdrom cd/
4) mkdir mnt
5) mkdir sys
6) mount -o loop cd/casper/filesystem.squashfs ./mnt
7) cp -va ./mnt/. sys/
8) umount ./mnt
9) umount /media/cdrom

Now you should be able to use the scripts.  I ran update and created an
10.04 LTS CD that had all the updates applied.   The install will allow
you to install specific packages.  build will allow you to recreate the
squashfs and then create a new ISO image.

The Ubuntu CD is tight on space so if you do much you may need to go to
DVD.