[ale] Android Tablets

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 9 08:11:52 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 01:02 -0400, Brian Pitts wrote:
> On 08/08/2010 09:40 PM, Chris Fowler wrote:
> > Do the work with the Android's app store?
>
> No tablets do.

So you find application on the Internet and load them?

I think the "killer app" for the iPad/iPhone/iTouch was that app store.
I have 3 PDAs and one night last year I spent many hours combing the
Internet for software.   These devices are PalmOs and Linux but the
Windows CE is a real pain.  I bought a smart phone running Windows
Mobile off eBay last year and got tired of all the problems of locating
software that would run.  Before I activated it I gave it away.  With
Windows Mobile not only do you have to worry about version, processor,
etc, you have to worry about screen size to.  You may have the right
version and the right processor on your device but you may have a
smaller screen size the app is unable to support :(