[ale] Linux Router/Gateway Usage

Mills John M-NPHW64 Jmills at motorola.com
Sat Aug 7 14:20:19 EDT 2010

Yes - my portal/mail-reader/firewall runs Slack: old, slow hardware; modest memory; antique graphics. Works fine in other words. Gets a reboot every 7-9 months whether it needs it or not (usually not). (That 'fsck' takes a _long_ while on a 333 MHz 'K6'! &8-)

I tried several then-current distros (including 'RULES') and Slack was the one I could actually install -- not a disappointment, either. It was a nostalgia trip, though.

 - Mills