[ale] email question

Frederick N. Brier fnbrier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 09:52:54 EDT 2010

One of the other posts, had a link to an ehow.com article.  Looking
there, I found how this one:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6686406_sync-mac-address-book-thunderbird.html

It seems to show how to Thunderbird installed on a Mac would import all
your contacts.  Then you could copy the Thunderbird files over from the
Mac to your Ubuntu.  I did that with Windows->Linux a few years ago and
it worked fine.

This next idea is just a guess since I do not have a Mac, but is there a
way to export your Mac address book to LDAP?  You could set up an LDAP
server on your Ubuntu or other box.  Point your Mac at the LDAP.  That
might set up (visually) another address book in Mac Mail.  That is what
Evolution does.  You might then be able to get the drag and drop, or
even copy to work, between the two address books.  Potentially, this
would allow you to share your address book.

Finally, a number of my friends have just moved their mail (and address
book) to Google Mail.

Fred