[ale] ALE-JOBS list

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 16:09:09 EDT 2010

A friendly reminder for the regular ALE list folks to subscribe to the
ale-jobs list as well. It is a _heavily_ moderated list (job postings only -
no job seekers - no government lists of lists scams :-) with postings from
active recruiters with real jobs needing to be filled.

Also if anyone on the ALE list hears of a position needing to be filled,
please send it to the ale-jobs list as well. I'll be more than happy to give
the "official not-spam-stamp of approval".

I like knowing my fellow penguins are employed.

Distro note on job posting: Some positions are specifying RedHat while
others are looking at specific applications (apache, BIND, etc). I have seen
a few come through that list other distros (Debian and Suse come to mind). I
don't recall if Ubuntu has made it to the list yet or not. May look for some
time and do some grep -c 'ing on the archive.

Also if anyone has ideas on a fast way to link mailman and wordpress and rss
feeds, let me know! I _still_ want to see the job posts on a web page other
than the archives and also in an RSS feed'able format.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.