[ale] Thunderbird won't display email

Scott Castaline skotchman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 2 14:09:38 EDT 2010

On 08/02/2010 10:39 AM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Mon August 2 2010, Scott Castaline wrote:
>> As it turned out it was one of the updates. Removing kpartsplugin
>> allowed messages to be displayed. Apparently it is needed for Okular to
>> work inside Firefox. Apparently it is used in Thunderbird even though no
>> mention of it is made. I guess it's time to file a bug report.
>
> THAT is weird, that some messages ( gmail?) could be viewed&  not others?

No, none was able to be viewed, old, new, all folders. I had deleted all
.msf files from inbox on down. Based on that I believe all was
reindexed. It seemed that something was blocking Thunderbird's ability
run the portion of software that displays the message preview pane, just
a blank spot where it should have been. I went to bugzilla.redhat and
found that Firefox did not properly render the full page and complained
about an external app not functioning that allowed PDFs to be displayed
within Firefox. One of the updates last Fri night was kpartsplugin, so
it kind of made sense to me at that point. Removing it and closing all
apps and logging out and back in cleared the problem.