[ale] OT: Roku

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Aug 2 13:47:24 EDT 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 13:26 -0400, Greg Clifton wrote:
> Just a thought: when you tried using a cat5 wire, did you also turn
> off the wireless?  Not at the roku (which is questionable) but at the
> router itself. This way you _know_ the cat5 is being used.

No.  From what I can tell from the Roku you either use wireless or
wired.  When I plugged in the CAT-5 I went into the menu system and
selected "wired".

Network switch is a Cisco 2900.  Switch works well and fast but noisy
with RFI!  I thought by getting rid of my Chinese crap switches and
replacing with one 2900 I would eliminate RFI.  Nope.  I just plugged in
a bunch of random length antennas that are radiating crude :)