[ale] gopher

Larry Johnson larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 21:42:49 EDT 2010

My great notable bad prediction of all time involved gopher.  At about
the time the Mosaic web browser became widely available a co-worker
approached me and said something to the effect of "You've gotta see
this ... documents ... graphics ... etc!!!".  I took a look and said
something to the effect of "I think I'll keep using veronica, archie,
and the gopher system.  This World Wide Web thing loads too slowly and
I don't really think it's going to go anywhere".

Larry