[ale] a moment of silence please

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Thu Apr 29 10:30:28 EDT 2010

On Thu April 29 2010, Thompson Freeman wrote:
> Well, CP/M was the first OS in the home for me. Had to
> build that beast - H89. We got the children an Apple II a
> few years later to get them off the CP/M machine. For all
> of that, I rather wish I'd gone ahead and gotten the H-DOS
> system also - with loadable device drivers and some other
> goodness.
Mine was a Kaypro II CP/M "portable".. in no stretch of the imaginationw would
it be called a LAPTOP..
BIG heavy metal case, the cover came off & was the keyboard. Dual-800Kb floppy
drives ( No HD).

> I also got a Fortune16 (or something like that) Unix box
> using 68000 in the late 1980's.

the AT&T UNIX boxes used that 68000 processor.. good old AT&T 3B2's & 3B5's..
lots of days hard at work, playing Collosal Cave:-0)

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800