[ale] How to hack a bank

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Wed Apr 28 15:11:41 EDT 2010

On Wed April 28 2010, Michael Trausch wrote:
> Yet another reason to use the one truly secure format for information
> interchange: plain text.
right, tell that to all the OUTLOOK html users..

> Seriously, I don't understand why every non-trivial document format in
> existence has to present a wide attack surface that can be relatively
> easily used to enhance the vulnerability of any particular system or
> network.  Just once, I'd like to see something as widely adopted as PDF,
> but without the sort of nasty teeth that PDF, MS Word, ODT, etc., bring
> with them.

It used to drive me crazy at the office. Of course we had to use Outlook, and
I think it was a game/contest/bragging rights as to who could get the
FANCIEST signature, with cursive font for their name... and the most
irritating thing was to attach a WORD DOC to an email! SO instead of being
able to read the info we needed IN the email, we had to open up WORD, and
LO-AND-BEHOLD, the WORD DOC was..... PLAIN TEXT!!!!!!!!!! ( ok, most of the
time it was just text..) but they got to show off the WORDS in a FANCY
FONT...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800