[ale] XFS on Linux - Is it ready for prime time?

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 17:55:45 EDT 2010

Yeah, I went to GA Public school, but I home schooled (actually the wife,
AND I married up) the chillern and that's why #1 graduated SCL from GA Tech
and #3 is graduating SCL from SCAD. But my problem wasn't so much the
reading as the semantics. Got the words, but mistook the meaning. When you
said a spare for each mirrored pair I took it to mean a spare for each half
of the mirror (as in pair of striped drives), not spare for each complete
mirror.

Now, if I have it right on what you were suggesting, I'm not sure I
understand the diff between that and what GF suggested. You were talking
about 6 drives total, with 3 sets of 2 striped drives, one striped pair is
mirrored to another striped pair and then the 3rd striped pair is the hot
spare, correct? So how is his config different?