[ale] copiers: one more thing to be paranoid about

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Apr 20 13:39:01 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 13:33 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> So you probably don't want to be making copies of your tax return at
> Kinkos...

I wouldn't do that anyway.  I've grown up with a pretty hefty distrust
for people, let alone businesses, corporations, and government.  It
takes quite a bit for people to earn any trust from me---it would be
nice if we could trust others by default, wouldn't it?  Alas, I don't
think there will ever be a day when formal agreements are not necessary,
when people won't have to cover their own asses because there's always
someone out to take advantage of some technicality that was never
specified, when people will generally look out for the best interests of
everyone.  There are certainly collectives that can operate that way,
but people in general for whatever reason are all about the notion of
being entitled to the description "most important thing (on the road|in
the town|at the workplace|in the universe)".

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child