[ale] copiers: one more thing to be paranoid about

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Apr 20 13:13:35 EDT 2010

On Tue, 2010-04-20 at 13:07 -0400, Jim Kinney wrote:
> Um, duh! They're called _copiers_
>
> "I'm a copier. I make copies" <bender's office machine friend>
>
> It may be time to dig apart some printers as well and look for
> document storage abilities. Reprint ability requires document storage
> ability.

Perhaps I should have been a bit more clear:  It's a really expensive
all-in-one multifunction device that does printing, scanning, copying,
duplexing, finishing, etc., with multiple paper sizes and handles FAXing
and provides a file share service and FTP upload and does PostScript 3
and all of these wonderful other things.  (Honestly, if I could afford
one... I'd so get it.  Just for the stapling and hole-punching
capabilities that it has... that's damn sexy, IMHO.)

It does everything, though.  I wouldn't be surprised if it logs
everything that it can hold.

	--- Mike

--
Even if their crude and anticompetitive business practices don't make
you think about using their software, their use of sweatshops and child