[ale] Linux at BerkeleyTIP-Global meeting on Sunday April 18 12N-3P, & April 27

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sun Apr 18 06:13:01 EDT 2010

On Sun April 18 2010, giovanni_re wrote:
> Come discuss Linux via VOIP. :)
> http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/voice-voip-conferencing
>
> Hot topics: Ubuntu 10.04, Free Culuture, VOIP, Set up the web server &
> mail list & asterisk/freeswitch on the BTIP box with Ubuntu 10.04?
>
> Tues April 27 5-6P VOIP online meeting also.
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/berkeleytip/

and as soon as I read this email, I also read this on Slashdot :
mjgraves writes "Over the past week a number of IP-PBX systems have been
suffering SIP attacks from hosts in the Amazon EC2 cloud. At least a dozen
known attacks have been reported to Amazon, which has been surprisingly quiet
about the matter. The issue has been well documented by one of the attack
victims on his blog. The matter was also discussed on the April 16th issue of
the VoIP Users Conference (podcast available at the link; EC2 segment begins
around 3:30). Amazon appears to have gone silent on the matter even as the
attacks are ongoing. This is completely irresponsible behavior from a such a
hosting company, which should be acting to take down the attacker in their
midst."

http://rss.slashdot.org/~r/Slashdot/slashdot/~3/_P3HLJtFFr4/SIP-Attacks-From-Amazon-EC2-Going-Unaddressed

--
Paul Cartwright