[ale] ubuntu versus fedora

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 11:49:24 EDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 17, 2010 at 11:20, Larry Johnson
<larryfeltonjohnson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the past few months of hunt-and-peck tweaking and repair of my
> Fedora Core 11 system my perception has  been nudging toward the
> assertion you've stated explicitly.  Do you know whether this is being
> discussed in the Fedora community?  The ability to either use gui or
> cli, or edit the configuration files directly is a big advantage of
> linux systems.
> If Fedora is breaking that ability with respect to networking,  it's a
> bug, not a feature.

I just moved to F12 from F11, and I can say that F12 has fixed all of
what I saw as bug in Network Manager.  I
had to uninstall it from F11, it was so crappy.  But with F12, I
appear to have no issues at all with the wired
connections, and I was able to get the wireless to connect with only
minimal research.  SO Fedora 12 might
be worth a try if Network Manager is your bete noir.

--
Pete Hardie
--------