[ale] OT: WD "Advanced Format" and "Green Drives"

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Fri Apr 9 16:44:11 EDT 2010

Some of the bigger things we've received come in wooden crates and/or
have tip indicators.   If they were not handle properly its usually
fairly evident once its on the dock.

Today I got a legacy server from an acquisition we did and found they
had made a cardboard box out of two others boxes then put that inside
yet another one - then they wrapped it all up with shrink wrap.  When I
opened it all I found one of the fans laying in the inner box and that
the front door that they'd locked was still locked but the plastic side
bard it locked to had broken loose so it wasn't "really" locked any
longer.   There's also one little piece of rubber/plastic that I have no
clue as to its purpose or if it was really part of this server.
Surprisingly enough despite all that it booted up fine.

I thought I was done with SCO Legacy servers until this showed up today.
:-(