[ale] WRT54G2 wifi router troubles

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Apr 8 18:30:36 EDT 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 16:39 -0400, m-aaron-r wrote:
> Inform the client that the guy is a tool and she should never listen
> to a single word of his advice until he is willing to support his
> recommendations and fix all her problems for free.

I have yet for this to work with a non-technical client.  Technical
clients, I can pretty easily win, because they listen to logic and are
willing to understand at least a high-level overview of things.

End users, OTOH, would rather go with people who have some sort of
"credentials", like the Geek Squad.  Why?  I don't know.  They're great
at blowing smoke up your ass, and they go out of their way to try to
invent issues to make it sound like they are far more important and
knowledgeable than they really are.

	--- Mike