[ale] OT: camera LCD repair

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 6 16:44:27 EDT 2010

Thanks for all the pointers - I believe that the display is soldered
on, and replacements are available in eBay (maybe - there appear to be
2 versions).  I even found a video (in German, alas) that shows
someone replacing one, but not with enough detail in the video to
allow me to duplicate the effort.

On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 13:50, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://tinyurl.com/yhx26tw <-- Taken with my Canon PowerShot A720IS
> (http://tinyurl.com/38d27t). I think that's pretty damn good for a
> point-and-shoot camera. And that's after the image has been re-sized
> and re-compressed for web use.
>
> On Tue, Apr 6, 2010 at 12:29 PM, Jeff Hubbs <jhubbslist at att.net> wrote:
>> On 4/6/10 12:05 PM, drifter wrote:
>>> It's a camera, after all, and the lens is the most critical element,
>>> regardless of the advertising hoopla. Camera makers do a lot better
>>> job making lenses than makers of consumer electronics or printers.
>>>
>> Tell that to Canon.
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps