[ale] OT: open source teaching software

Adric Net adric at adric.net
Mon Apr 5 14:02:04 EDT 2010

Hi all,

The O'Reilly published book Using Moodle is available under a CC license on the Moodle docs site:
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_Moodle_book

In my work last year I found that this book in particular was designed for school administrators and instructors and goes step by step to show content creators and those who need to run a course how to use Moodle features. Many of their questions were answered in the book and they keep a couple print outs of the PDF around the office for them.

There are other good books for extending Moodle or hacking on the code.  Technical issues such as installation and integration issues are fairly well documented on the wiki and discussed in the forums on moodle.org. I wrote some Ruby scripts to tie Moodle into Zencart  as part of that same project and made much good use of the forums and dev docs for that (moocart.org).

hth,
adric