[ale] Anyone using Symantec (Veritas) Storage Foundation on linux?

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Thu Apr 1 15:57:28 EDT 2010

We used VxVM and VxFS on HP-UX and I've used them in the past on
Solaris.   I've found they're available as Storage Foundation v5.1 for
64 bit RHEL.   (In fact there's even a "BASIC" version for free on 2
processor systems).   Previously we'd run into a 2 TB limit for
filesystems on the older versions we have on HP-UX.   The data sheets at
Symantec are pure marketing fluff.

Does anyone know what the filesystem size limit is for 5.1 on Linux?