[ale] A complete platform

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Sep 28 09:00:24 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009, Jim Kinney wrote:

> Zimbra. The community edition has everything but the cell phone
> capability. The cell mail capability is in the standard and pro
> version as is an extra cost. Their prices are IMHO pretty reasonable
> for the capabilities. Also considering that those fees support the
> continued development of all version, for fee and community.

It's a bit pricey for a 5-6 person office, adding the cell phone
capabilities, but if it actually works, it's worth it.
Still cheaper than Exchange when I look at the complete package price
+ the pain of an MS-Server.

The "Task Data" functions seem to be a little light compared to what the
Palm-users are used to using. Palm got some things "just right" for some
users.

Anyone using "Zimbra Mobile"?