[ale] wrt54gl router

Paul Cartwright ale at pcartwright.com
Sat Sep 26 19:35:51 EDT 2009

the good news is I got my new WRT54GL router from Amazon today..
the bad news is, it be broke. According to tech support I need to return it (
bricked?)
I installed DD-WRT mini, then generic. All of a sudden all the menu tabs were
in ...chinese?? so, I hit the return-to-defaults button, and it seemed to go
back to the original. but it just went downhill from there. never connecting,
connecting, pinging, but web browser never worked. Mike at atnex was very
nice & patient & helpful, but he said it might be bricked..
my OLD linksys 160N also seems to be broke, so I'm back to connecting directly
to the modem!
time to go watch UGA, maybe there will be some GOOD news!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800