[ale] For any one looking for a job

Tue Sep 22 17:55:44 EDT 2009

They MUST tell you the company before they submit your name to the
company. If the company hears your name from two recruiters they WILL
NOT hire you. If they did, they would have to pay both. It is the
applicant's responsibility to make sure you get submitted only once.

On 9/22/09, Michael B. Trausch <mbt at zest.trausch.us> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 17:18 -0400, Robbie Honerkamp wrote:
>> In my experience, any halfway decent recruiter will tell you who the
>> client is once you express interest in the position. You can then tell
>> them not to submit your resume to the company if you're not interested
>> for whatever reason. Any recruiter who refuses to tell you the company
>> they're submitting you to is a recruiter you should stop working with.
>> Their reasons for not telling you their client name initially (so that
>> you don't run off and apply directly to them) are much weaker than
>> your
>> need to know the name of the company before you're submitted (perhaps
>> you've already applied for the position?).
>
> Generally, when someone approaches me with a position, and I am
> interested in it, I tell them exactly this:  "I'm interested, but before
> we go any further, I need to know who it is I would be working for."
>
> Only once have I ever gotten the name of who it would be I was working
> for.  Unfortunately, they wanted someone else who had a college degree
> (though, as I understand it, that person had no practical experience and
> didn't work out.  Oh, well, such is life...).
>
> 	--- Mike
>
> --
> Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
> Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/
>
> “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
> high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
> our mark.” —Michelangelo

Sent from my mobile device

.!# RichardBronosky #!.