[ale] FWD: Southeast User Group Leaders Scummit

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Sep 9 13:09:31 EDT 2009

On Wed, 9 Sep 2009, Jim Popovitch wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 00:03, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
>>>
>>>   http://seugls2009.pbworks.com/
>
> - Only 4 ppl currently in their IRC chan
> - Only 4 tweets (http://twitter.com/SEUGLS)
> - Only 3 emails (http://groups.google.com/group/SE-UG-Leaders-Summit)

The issue with so many communications methods is
a lack of inertia in any one place.
I stopped IRC in the 90's.. Rarely check out tweets
and have never subscribed/followed them..
the "groups" thing is nice, but seems to be limited internal
stuff..

A lot of "events" turn out to be non-events
due to lack of critical mass, planning, etc..

Heck, I'm helping with one I hope is not such:

AITP Regional Conference:   http://aitpchattanooga.org/

Got a couple of decent presentations scheduled for that at least.