[ale] remote user management

Björn Gustafsson bg-ale at bjorng.net
Wed Sep 2 11:19:07 EDT 2009

Depends on how much you want to spend.  There are a number of for-pay
services that allow you to manage UNIX user accounts from
ActiveDirectory.  For example Quest sells an AD authentication client
for UNIX and Linux servers, but it's expensive.
http://www.quest.com/authentication-services/

There are also open-source solutions that e.g. let you sync passwords
between an AD server and an LDAP directory.  I can't say how well
those work, since I haven't tried any of them, but I expect they'd
require you to use the MD4 hash from the AD side in order to push the
passwords into LDAP.

--
Björn Gustafsson