[ale] lost in the home directory

Josh Wells joshwells at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 2 10:28:55 EDT 2009

Take a look at the xmarks add on. Keeps bookmarks synched across multiple machines and works like a charm.

Josh

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 2, 2009, at 8:53 AM, "Stephen R. Blevins" <srblevi at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

I second this approach.  I use it weekly to "synch" my 2 MS, 2 Linux and
4 PortableApps copies of Firefox.  "Works for me."

Stephen R. Blevins
srblevi at worldnet.att.net

Calvin Harrigan wrote:
drifter wrote:

I need to copy to another machine my Mozilla bookmarks file.  And I can't
find it!

I had thought it would be in /home/.mozilla/firefox/i245ls3e.default  . . .
but the bookmark file there is only the initial one provided at startup, not
the much larger one that I use every day.

digging one level deeper there is a directory /bookmarkbackups that appears
to contain a daily backup over the past week.  But these are .json files and
I can not figure out how to convert them back into html that another browser
can import.

hints would be appreciated.

Sean

Wouldn't it be easier to go to bookmark manager and export the
bookmarks?  Am I missing something?