[ale] 9.10

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Fri Oct 30 21:33:05 EDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-30 at 13:10 -0400, Chris Fowler wrote:
> Any luck on pulse audio.  Does it "work" in 9.10?

It might work for you, if you have a standard two-channel stereo setup.

It still is useless on my system.  These days (that is, in Karmic) the
problem-of-the-release is that all the sound coming out of my speakers
is pretty AM-radio quality sounding.  When I pull PA out of the pipeline
and have my applications pipe sound data directly to the ALSA driver,
the sound is great (but sound only comes out of 1 speaker and the
subwoofer).

Sound is still horribly, horribly broken by default.  And the simple
fixes that worked for me as recently as Ubuntu 9.04, don't anymore.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo