[ale] seeking backup with versioning

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Wed Oct 28 16:30:21 EDT 2009

Well, that has always seemed to be Microsoft's hope and intent, and in
my long-ago experience it seemed like people would invariably run into
some limitation or bug in Access, whether it was in a single-user
instance or one with DB files that were shared out, and MS-solutions
people could deploy a SQL Server instance and some sort of front end
easier than they could get an Access bug fixed.  All this worked great
for Microsoft, especially since SQL Server had both an instance license
cost and a per-client access cost.