[ale] lxc and Ubuntu Karmic

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 27 17:43:51 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 12:12 -0400, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> What I am wondering is if anyone knows if there is some sort of
> special
> means to use to debug containers.  Currently I'm reading through the
> source code of upstart and trying to figure out what's going wrong,
> but
> I have the feeling that this is taking the long way around.  Of
> course,
> I'm only doing that because I cannot seem to find a shorter way.
>
> Any ideas?  Anything obvious that I am apparently missing?

I managed to get it working---for now.  I've replaced /sbin/mountall on
the system with a shell script that emits the signals
that /sbin/mountall is supposed to emit on a Karmic system and things
work fine.  I'm back to thinking the bug is in mountall...

But I don't know for sure.  I'll have to debug it later, though.  I'd
prefer a proper solution, but this at least works.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo