[ale] Telnet or SSH? (Was: Re: anonymize google searches and tor for android)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 27 17:20:53 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 16:09 -0400, Jim Popovitch wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 15:40, Michael B. Trausch <mbt at zest.trausch.us> wrote:
> > Oh and here's what's even funnier:  One *exactly* one network I know,
> > there is no SSH, open access to all X11 displays, and all that jazz,
> > right?  But they require the use of "sudo".
>
> That's actually not a too uncommon setup for lots of private networks
> (think: deep inner circles of places most ppl never see).  ;-)

True enough, but it also means that there is no accountability for
anything.  Sniffing a password is so trivial on networks like that, it's
not funny; anyone with a brain can fake just about anything on a network
like that.  You'd think those sorts of things would be updated in large
corporate-type environments.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo