[ale] Telnet or SSH? (Was: Re: anonymize google searches and tor for android)

Michael B. Trausch mbt at zest.trausch.us
Tue Oct 27 15:40:06 EDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 15:09 -0400, J. D. wrote:
> Now we use ssh don't we? :)

You'd think.

But I know some networks that _still_ have telnet in widespread usage.
Typically because they were deployed before SSH was widely available,
but never updated.

Oh and here's what's even funnier:  One *exactly* one network I know,
there is no SSH, open access to all X11 displays, and all that jazz,
right?  But they require the use of "sudo".  Go figure.  That's a new
requirement, though.

	--- Mike

--
Blog:  http://mike.trausch.us/blog/
Misc. Software:  http://mike.trausch.us/software/

“The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too
high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving
our mark.” —Michelangelo