[ale] what am I missing

wylde bill durtybill at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 17:05:58 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 16:06 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> Microsoft solution worked.
>
> Reboot...  I have no idea why this fixed the problem...

That's funny.  I had a similar problem with SAMBA the other day.  I
changed a few config lines in a Slackware SAMBA server, did
an /etc/rc.d/rc.samba restart (all via ssh, as it's a headless box),
after which my kubuntu box refused to see the slackware box, eventually
lost even the local workgroup (though that could be found again via:
smb://workgroup in dolphin).

Reboot.

Everything hunky dory.  It boggles the mind.

--
"I've been such a fool, Vassili. Man will always be a man. There is no
new man. We tried so hard to create a society that was equal, where