[ale] re-compiling an older source package....

Jim Popovitch jimpop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 12:32:17 EDT 2009

Long story... here's the pertinent parts:

I have an older source package that I want to re-compile for a newer
kernel. However, I want (need) this source to compile with an older
set up includes, not those in /usr/include.   I've tried adding things
to Makefile.am, and then running "autoconf --gnu Makefile" to no
avail.    What is the trick to overwriting "includes" path and making
it supported by the next person who runs ./configure ?

-Jim P.