[ale] multi OS boot menu

Asher Vilensky ashervilensky at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 20:13:15 EDT 2009

I installed Linux Mint right next to Vista (see prev msg).  Now I get a nice
[mint] boot menu, which allows me to pick what to boot.  There's only one
problem:  Mint is the default, and if I don't change it within a few
seconds, it boots into Mint.  How can I:

1.  Leave the boot menu on the screen forever (don't boot into any default
OS); or
2.  Boot into Vista as the default (change the default); or
3.  Change the boot menu itself such that Vista will be listed first?

There must be a config file somewhere with all these options.  Any idea,
anybody?  (sorry, you can tell I'm a bit lazy digging for it myself)

Thanks.

-- Asher