[ale] eGroupware - Used it? Liked it? Loved it?

Sun Oct 25 11:17:49 EDT 2009

I Yahoo! we switched from MSFT Exchange to Zimbra. We liked it so well
that we bought the company. There is a no support offered community
edition that is offered under the terms of the YPL
http://www.zimbra.com/license/yahoo_public_license_1.1.html which is
not the GPL but is pretty free. It includes limitations that protect
the Yahoo! brand and require arbitration to take place in California
courts. For a silicon valley company I think that is pretty
reasonable.

On Sat, Oct 24, 2009 at 1:20 PM, aaron <aaron at pd.org> wrote:
> A project I am working with is looking to add a free [ideally GPL],
> web accessible collaboration software suite to better support
> content development for a (Drupal based) encyclopedia style website.
> Primary need is for collaborative document authoring and media
> organization, so scheduling and calendars and "syncing" issues
> are secondary.  Trying to support this in a user friendly way
> with available modules for Drupal hasn't worked out so far.
>
> Others on the team have bumped into the eGroupware name and
> we are considering it as a solution.  A few folks on the list
> offered links to the eGroupware site in a (fairly) recent thread
> here, but I'm fishing for any thoughts and opinions on it from
> people who have installed and used the suite.
>
> Much thanks for any reply!
>
> peace
> aaron
>
> http://www.egroupware.org/