[ale] eGroupware - Used it? Liked it? Loved it?

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Sat Oct 24 14:11:45 EDT 2009

> Others on the team have bumped into the eGroupware name and
> we are considering it as a solution.  A few folks on the list

I've used it in the past, (eGroupware) and it may work for you.
It seemed a little clunky when we used it two years ago.
but it was painless to setup and use.

For documentation stuff, I've become a fan and supporter of DokuWiki.
It's not the scalable monster that MediaWiki is, nor does it require
the setup and configuration of MediaWiki, or the system load.
And it is very extensible, there are easy to install and manage modules
for all kinds of useful things. It's also easier, I think, to do some
access control with DokuWiki for small projects than MediaWiki.

If what you are doing is a combination of Wiki stuff and project/people
management, we just setup RedMine (Chris Kleeschulte pointed me to it and
did the install Ruby, Rails, Etc..) it has a light wiki and some
calendaring/gant chart bug/project management tools that might be useful.
(www.redmine.org) - In exactly one day of playing around with it, I like
it.