[ale] OT- that thread again. One last word.

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Sat Oct 24 11:28:29 EDT 2009

Okay, this is what it takes to get ME to come down and wrestle in the OT
mud...

Congressman John Fleming (R-Wankerland) is being a disingenuous jerk.

I propose instead that we petition to get US the same healthcare plan
that CONGRESSMEN get!! From http://tinyurl.com/8pn7tk:

As soon as members of Congress are sworn in, they may participate
in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP). The
program offers an assortment of health plans from which to choose,
including fee-for-service, point-of-service, and health maintenance
organizations (HMOs). In addition, Congress members can also
insure their spouses and their dependents.

Not only does Congress get to choose from a wide range of plans,
but there’s no waiting period. Unlike many Americans who must
struggle against precondition clauses or are even denied coverage
because of those preconditions, Senators and Representatives are
covered no matter what - effective immediately.

And here’s the best part. The government pays up to 75 percent of
the premium. That government, of course, is funded by taxpayers, the
same taxpayers who often cannot afford health care themselves.

Also see http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=2588181

I should point out that *my family* is covered under FEHBP because my
wife is a Federal employee and it is because of that that she is still
alive...she could probably make a lot more money in the private sector
but no insurance company outside of FEHBP would cover her and in fact
most any other insurance plan would have dropped her a long time ago. At
least she can move from Federal job to Federal job anywhere in the
country/world, which is more than most people with chronic conditions
can do.

Fleming knows all this. All he's doing is showboating for his base,
counting on having his base not know any better..."Programmed for the
guts and glands / Of idle minds and idle hands."